Monday, July 14, 2014

Personalized Keepsake Boxes


Bubee loves to collect junk trash crap stuff things. He will suddenly decide he wants to collect bottle labels, or rocks, or even his toe nail clippings. (Moms of boys: Is this normal?!?) I think he just wants to be proud of having a collection.


I collect key chains. Last time I tried to count them all I quit at about 300 and wasn't even a quarter of the way through them, so I'd estimate I have over 1,000. My collection is proudly displayed in one of our rooms by circling the whole TV area. The picture above is only about 10% of them.

So I am hopeful that my key-chain collection is the reason behind Bubee's urge to collect (and not just some gross love of  toe nails). I want him to be able to have a collection, but right now he desperately needs a place to keep it so it does not get out of hand. Rosey Posey found a wonderful set of nesting boxes during a trip to our local craft store and viola!! Light-bulb!!!

We used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out vinyl stickers of the children's favorite things. Rosey Posey and Bubee both got to do their own decorating and I made Little Lady's for her.

Rosey Posey chose a rose for her lid (of course) and turtles (her favorite animal) for the main box. Bubee chose a frog for the lid and dinos for the box. I decided to put a lady bug on Little Lady's lid, but I left the box it's self plain so that one day soon she can pick out her favorite things to put on it.


The whole project cost me less than $8 since the boxes came as a set for only $3. If you don't have a cutting machine, you could easily use stickers or markers to customize and decorate the boxes.

Last time I checked Bubee's box had rocks in it. Now he has a neat place to keep all his favorite things!!



Like this idea? Pin it!!






Want to Check Out More Silhouette Projects?

My Silhouette Challenge buddies and I are all sharing projects on our blogs today, so peruse the projects below for a wealth of Silhouette inspiration!
  A Gift for the Bride-to-Be Silhouette Challenge: My Favorite Things My Favorite Things Keepsake Box Printable Tattoos for Crafters & DIYers Super Hero Backpacks Geometric Two Tone Shirt Refashion Instagram Paper Album Reasons I Love Daddy Ctrl Alt Del Pillows Outside Decor: DIY Pallet Board Sign Yo-Ho It's a Pirate Party How To Use Silhouette Sketch Pens Combining My Favorite Things, Baking and Crafting - July Silhouette Challenge Pride & Prejudice Subway Style Art Favorite Silhouette Challenge Just umm, Let it Go Temporary My Little Pony Tattoos Mike Holmes Baby Onesie Monogram It: A Memo Board Makeover Super Room Redo The Best Summer Ever Freebie and Tutorial Summertime Toes Crafty Girls Hair Accessories Holder Watercolor Wall Art Ice Cream Cone T-Shirt Sun Fun Shirt Family Wall Art: Scrabble Edition Serving Tray Upcycle Making Custom Rhinestone Designs Etched Glass Coasters Church Nursery Wall Quote
The above post(s) may contain affiliated links, product placements, etc. This is how I can afford to buy the supplies to bring you new activites. Thanks for your support!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...