Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Easy, Yummy Sloppy Joes


My family grew up on Manwich, and I enjoyed it. When I got married I made Manwich for my husband, and he told me I was not allowed to call Manwich "Sloppy Joes". Needless to say I was a little confused. This was the first recipe I ever asked my Mother-in-law for... My husband was SO right!! Manwich is good, but it's NOT Sloppy Joes! I usually have to make a 3X version of this recipe to feed us because everyone always asks for seconds.

1lb of Ground Beef
1 12oz jar of Chili Sauce (We prefer Heinz)
1T Sugar
1T White Vinegar
Buns
Sliced American Cheese (Optional)

1. Brown and drain the ground beef

2. Stir in chili sauce, sugar and vinegar.

3.Bring to a simmer on medium heat; let simmer for 15-20 minutes.


4. Serve hot with cheese!

A few variation I've found that we like include:
  • Replace the beef with chicken, turkey or a mix of 2 meats.
  • Add chopped onion as you're browning the meat.
  • Try a different kind of cheese.
  • Eat it with a fork as an open faced sandwich.
This is defiantly one of my favorite recipes from my MIL (I recently found out she got it from her MIL, guess I'll pass it onto my Daughter-in-law one day too! ) . It takes me about 30 min to prepare a nice, fun dinner for the family and tastes like cooked all day!


Like this idea? Pin it!!




The above post(s) may contain affiliated links, product placements, etc. This is how I can afford to buy the supplies to bring you new activites. Thanks for your support!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...