Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Thankful Board

Total Time: 5 min
Approximate Cost: $10-15
One Thanksgiving season I wanted an activity for our family that helped remind us what we were thankful for, looked good around the house, and was fun. This is what my DD and I came up with: A “Thankful Board”. Using paper leaves we can leave each other notes and encouragements or just say what we’re thankful for.


1. Gather Supplies:
· Cork board
· Paper leaves (Or you can cut out your own with colored paper)
· Fall trim
· Pushpins (I found pumpkin ones)
· Fall stickers
· Sharpies (I used fine point, fall colored pens)
· Stand (Or hang it on the wall)

2. Decorate the board. I used some of the fall stickers to cover plain push pins and pinned this leaf garland to the board, that way I can reuse the board latter.

3. Title it. I just used one of the leaves and all of the sharpies to make a “We Are Thankful For…” header. Get creative here and make it your own: Use scrapbook paper or foam cutouts.

4. Display the board somewhere central along with blank leaves, sharpies, stickers, and push pins. Encourage the family to write and decorate a post. So much better than a post on Facebook.



We put our board out all of November. As the board gets full I will sometimes rotate leaves. The kids will post things like “Family and Friends” and sometimes even the more specific things: “Going to church and hanging out with friends this week” or “Sister sharing her toy with me today”. My DH and I like to leave each other family friendly notes: “Daddy picking up the kids” or “Mommy cleaning the house” or every once in a while we will just leave one that says “Last night” ;)

At the end of the season I keep all the leaves in a scrap book or fall box. It’s always a blessing and fun to look back on the years past. And watching my children’s handwriting change reminds me of how much they are growing.

If you’re a couple without kids you can even leave love notes of any rating. If you’re single have guests post a leaf when they visit. No matter who posts, this ever changing decoration will warm you home so much.

What are you Thankful for? What would your leaf post say?


Like this idea? Pin It!!


The above post(s) may contain affiliated links, product placements, etc. This is how I can afford to buy the supplies to bring you new activites. Thanks for your support!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...