Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Perfect Pumpkin Pie


This is one of my favorite recipes and probably one of the very first things I ever learned to cook (That didn't come in a box). With the use of sweetened condensed milk instead of evaporated milk, there is no need for sugar.



Makes 1 9-inch pie
 8 Servings

1 15oz can Pumpkin
1 14oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 Eggs
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 tsp Ginger
1/2 tsp Salt
1 uncooked pie crust

1. Preheat oven to 425F

2. Mix everything (except pie crust) until smooth.

3. Put pie crust in a greased 9in. pan.

4. Pinch crust into shape you prefer. I like a basic pinch, sometimes I use cookie cutters to make a more decorative crust. There's lots of ideas on Pinterest.

5. Pour mix into pie crust.


NOYES
6. Bake at 425F for 15 min. Reduce heat to 350F and bake for an additional 30-45 min. Until knife inserted 1-inch from crust comes out clean. 

 7. Cool. Garnish with whip cream if desired and enjoy!!

I make this every year for Thanksgiving and there are NEVER left overs. This is such a simple recipe, that I am passing on the family tradition; Rosey Posey will be in charge of these this year. I am so proud of her and can't wait to enjoy.

Like this idea? Pin It!!



1 comment:

The above post(s) may contain affiliated links, product placements, etc. This is how I can afford to buy the supplies to bring you new activites. Thanks for your support!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...