Monday, October 7, 2013

Review: Family Dinner Game

Disclaimer: This is not a paid review, I was not asked to write this review. I just like this product so much I wanted to share it with you!

This past year sitting down to dinner at the table as a family for dinner has been more of a normal. I am SO happy to have this time together; especially since Rosey Posey is already a tween and I know that if I don't establish this habit now, then it will be so hard to get her to join us when she's a teen. While wondering around our local hobby store I found this gem:


Family Dinner Box of Questions

Mellisa and Doug have several types of these games (including girl's night, road trip, birthday party and more), but this was the first one I tried. It's a very versital game. Each card has a thought provocing or at least conversation starting question on it. Such as: "What has a family member said or done for you this week that was very thoughtful?" or "What movie would you watch over and over again and why?".

Be warned, there are some deep questions that personally I like: "Do you have a family rule that is 'unfair'? If so, how would you change it and why?" Rosey Posey is a people-pleaser. Something I am trying to help brake her of. I love questions like this to actually get her talking about things she might think is unfair and to either see her point of view or help her understand the rule better.

Some of my favorite answers so far have been:

"Using one word, how would you describe your family?"
Bubee: Funny!
Rosey Posey: Crazy!
Me: Loveing!
Chris: Together

What are your best and worst personality traits?
Bubee: Best: "I eat!!" Worst: "Nah, I'm good!" (such is life through the eyes of a 5 year old)
Rosey Posey: Best: "I listen" Worst: "I can be lazy"
Me: Best: "I work hard" Worst: "I can loose my temper"

Just to hear some of the lighthearted responses to one and then some humbling responses to another (Who wouldn't like their tween to admit some traits they need to work on?) is really nice. Whether you have toddlers, tweens or even teens, the questions are perfect for any age!

Some nights we get through 1 or 2 cards: We get a good card that leads to either a deep or just long and fun discussions. Some nights we fly through 6-10 cards: Lots of quick fun answers. I have found that when I pull this game out my family will sit at the table and 'hang out' together for an extra 10-30 min. This will become priceless as the kids get older.



If you already have this game, I would LOVE to hear about some of your favorite answers you've heard so far.

To get your own game, check out my associates link below:


The above post(s) may contain affiliated links, product placements, etc. This is how I can afford to buy the supplies to bring you new activites. Thanks for your support!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...